I’m a creative and strategic person who’s on a missionto connect people through digital experiences.
Examples of my Work
It's All About Connection
- I'm fuelled by curiosity, passion and pushing limits;
- driven by competitiveness and a need for continuous momentum;
- fulfilled by connection, contribution and making things happen.
Over a decade of experience leading teams & developing multi-channel digital strategies to connect brands & consumers in this ever-evolving marketplace. An agile & strategic leader that continually develops & promotes a growth- mindset within her team while building great brands & fan experiences together.
Focused on brand building, fan experience, mobile engagement & connected networks through digital products, content, optimization, business intelligence & consumer insights.
Digital Marketing Street Cred
I currently lead the digital products efforts at the Cleveland Cavaliers. Previously, I spent seven years leading the Canadian Olympic Team digital fan experience through social and digital content (including branded content), products (web, email, app), business intelligence (data & analytics), and social platform partnerships. Before that I did this for BMO, OREA and lululemon athletica. LinkedIn will tell you the full story.
Led all @TeamCanada content for seven years & 3 Olympic Games (2013-2020)
- In 2019, I spoke at the International Olympic Committee’s Marketing Seminar in Rome since Team Canada is the leading digital National Olympic Committee globally.
My team and I saw exponential growth and engagement within all Team Canada channels during Sochi 2014, Toronto 2015 (Pan Ams), Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018.
- @teamcanada had the most interactions out of all National Olympic Committee’s globally during PyeongChang 2018
- Social channels 200k to 2 million
- Quadrupled social engagement from Sochi 2014 to Rio 2016
- Team Canada social channels are larger than almost all media properties in Canada
- Launched Team Canada’s Sochi 2014 brand campaign centered around the official hashtag #WeAreWinter, which was the most used hashtag globally after #Sochi2014.
- @TeamCanada has the largest fan base and engagement per capita of any National Olympic Team globally
- On the road to Rio 2016, I led the creation of the Canadian Olympic Club (olympicclub.ca), a next-generation fan club – driven by social login and gamification. It was the first of its kind for any National Olympic Team and industry leading by any pro sports standard, featuring physical and social rewards with one-click contest entry along with personalized content for fans. The data and insights it provided led us to more efficient media targeting and improved audience research as we segment & personalize content for our audience. We gained almost half a million registered fans.
We won many awards for our fan’s first responsive site (olympic.ca).
2018: Focus on fan-customizable Olympic schedule, curling game, personalized content.
Olympic.ca 15% (2013) to 72% (Rio 2016) mobile consumption.
2016: Focus on utility for stock pages: athletes, sports, Games.
2015: Focus on editorial pages. Enhanced stories, photos, videos.
2014: Focus on registration flows and funnels.
2013: Managed full redesign and re- launch of responsive mobile-first website.
- In a few short months on the road to PyeongChang 2018, I concepted and piloted a new digital monetization program that brought over half a million dollars of incremental revenue into the organization and laid the ground work to digital no longer being a cost center.
Exciting & entertaining content with platform partnerships (2013-2020)
- Partnered with Facebook for the first Facebook Live studio at the Olympics (Rio 2016).
- Partnered with Twitter to create the Maple Mirror, an interactive way for fans to show their support to our athletes in Rio & PyeongChang.
- During the Olympics, we had content coming in from 40 team members and sources to be disseminated through all digital and social channels.