It’s all about CONNECTION.
- I’m fuelled by curiosity, passion and pushing limits;
- driven by competitiveness and a need for continuous momentum;
- fulfilled by connection, contribution and making things happen.
Digital Marketing Street Cred
Head of Digital at the Canadian Olympic Committee, responsible for the digital fan experience [7 years].
- My team and I saw exponential growth and engagement within all Team Canada channels during Sochi 2014, Toronto 2015 (Pan Ams), Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018.
- We won many awards for our responsive site (olympic.ca), and Sochi brand campaign centred around the official hashtag #WeAreWinter, which was the most used hashtag globally after #Sochi2014.
- On the road to Rio, I lead the creation of the Canadian Olympic Club (olympicclub.ca), a next-generation fan club – driven by social login and gamification. It was the first of its kind for any National Olympic Team and industry leading by any pro sports standard.
- During PyeongChang 2018, @teamcanada had the most interactions globally out of any National Olympic Committee.
- In a few short months on the road to PyeongChang 2018, I concepted and piloted a new digital monetization program that brought over half a million dollars of incremental revenue into the organization.
- In 2019, I spoke at the International Olympic Committee’s Marketing Seminar in Rome since Team Canada is the leading digital National Olympic Committee globally.
- I have over a decade of digital experience. See my portfolio for examples of my work.
- I lead the Canadian Olympic Team digital fan experience through social and digital content (including branded content), products (web, email, app), business intelligence (data & analytics), and social platform partnerships. Previously I did this for BMO, OREA and lululemon athletica. LinkedIn will tell you the full story.
- I pocketed my degree from the University of Toronto specializing in Visual Culture and Communications through the Communication, Culture and Information Technology program. With my eye on the prize I also grabbed a diploma in Digital Communications from Sheridan College.
My passion for sport runs deep. Before my world revolved around connection, I was primarily a figure skater. I had the privilege of being on Canada’s National Team for eight years. In that time I became a four-time national champion and world bronze medallist in Synchronized Skating. These days, I play rec softball and spend my summers at the ballpark as an uber-passionate Blue Jays fan (just a casual departure from being a high performance athlete, right?). Beer and cracker-jacks, anyone?
You can’t be all work and no play…
A few things that you might not (need to) know about me:
- I sporadically belt out tunes at the least opportunistic times. Yes, it happened in a boardroom once. No, I can’t sing well.
- I dressed up as Bautista for Halloween 2011 and the resemblance was uncanny (ask me and I’ll show ya).
- The first thing I bought at 6 years old with my own money I saved up was…a camera.
- I collect passport stamps and citizenships (thanks to my parents). My first love was Prague, then Venice, then Iceland, then Peru, then Thailand and so-on-and-so-forth.
- My version of ‘treat-yo-self’ is having 5 cups of coffee on your Birthday (why not?!)