According to that apple brand (you may have heard of it), great design is emotional, innovative and creates meaning.
You probably saw this last year but if you haven’t, it’s a must see…
Good design is important to…
- Differentiate your product or service. Look unique so people can set you apart from the competition.
- Visual design is a method of communication. How much do you value communication? For a first time consumer, the design is the only way of knowing what their options “look like”. It’s their first impression.
- Put a purpose or organization to the flow of information.
- Play a role in making the world what it is (conceptually and aesthetically).
- Express who you are, why you’re here, how you’re unique and how you can make a difference.
Ask yourself: If someone didn’t speak the same language, would a person looking at your logo/site get the idea of who you are and what you stand for?